Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well ~ Matthew 6:33


Jesus wants us to know that God will provide what we need. It may not be what we want; it will be what we need. There are times when I wake up in the middle of the night and my mind goes to worry. “I have a meeting tomorrow…will someone say something that causes me concern?” Or I will think, “What will happen to me when I make this decision, or that one?” “Will I be…happy, content, provided for, lonely…?” You see, I can worry about all kinds of things that may never come my way, but still my mind will play around keeping me awake. Of course, the next day comes, the meeting happens, and nothing I feared comes to fruition. What I did the night before was waste my time, my energy, and lose sleep! God is our provider and caregiver. He will not desert us, or leave us, not when our hearts and lives are turned toward Him. When I live my life seeking Him, seeking his kingdom values, being obedient to his call on my life, I have nothing to fear! I do not need to worry about the clothes on my back or the food in my pantry. There will be a way for all those material things to come my way. I may need to go to a food bank, I may need to buy my clothes at Value Village (actually, I do!), but I will not go hungry or naked. It does not mean that my life will be easy. I know there are those who believe in the Lord, yet are homeless, I know there are those with mental illness that cannot keep finances straight. I am, you are, one step away from those people at any time, but I know that no matter what happens in life, God will lift me up, God will hold me, God will strengthen me to go through the challenges ahead. I do not expect a perfect life, but I do know a life that gives me what I need will be met in Him.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19