1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


In all circumstances we are to give thanks to the God who created us and has a plan for us. It sounds wild to the world which is accustomed to following their emotions. Life has not treated me right, so I am angry. I have undergone things that I should not have, so I am discouraged and feel rejected and so I will act out in accordance with what I feel. This is the way the world without Christ lives and reacts. As Christians we will still have feelings, for we are human. As Christians out hope does not lie in the world or in the situations of this world. We are from another world – the Kingdom of God! I may one day be thrown into prison for my relationship with Christ. I would not be the first, the author of this Scripture was himself put into a house prison. I may be persecuted because of my faith in Christ, that day may be coming upon us all. But again, my hope and faith is not in this world or in what will happen to my body, but in Jesus Christ who died to save me from my sins and to give me life eternal in him. Joy in my heart goes deeper than the emotions which envelop me, for joy continues in the knowledge that Jesus is my Saviour and that he walks the path that I walk. In fact, his walk on this earth was filled with circumstances I could not, nor would not wish encounter without him beside me. In all circumstances he works for his glory and for my perfection. I will give praise to my Lord, for if in the end I am more like him, my desire has been fulfilled.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19