2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land ~ 2 Chronicles 7:14


Heal our land…oh, don’t we pray for that! We often will lift prayers before our God for those who are sick that we love, and that is so good, for God answers those prayers many times in ways that are wonderful. How often do we pray for our land to be healed through the forgiveness of our sins? It is a prayer we need to uphold before our Lord every day! Forgive me! Forgive my country! Bring healing not only to me, but to the land in which I live! Bless me, bless us, we pray! Our world is a hurting world, a lost and lonely place, a distrustful existence for most people. We build big fences, we lock our doors at night and in the day hours, we do not trust our government, or sometimes even our neighbour. Our land is sick, our world is sick! God, however, is good! He will hear our prayers, he will turn his face toward us, he will heal us and our land if we but reach out and confess before him our weakness, our sinfulness, our waywardness. If we will turn from our wicked ways, the Word of God says to us, which means that we repent, we change direction…then, then God will hear. For those of us who are prayer warriors, this is the prayer we must choose to speak! Forgive us Father, for we have sinned! Heal us, and heal our land, we pray, in Jesus’ name! Amen!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19