John 7:38

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them” ~ John 7:38


Before we come to Jesus and accept him as our Lord and Saviour, we are dry and crusty inside. I would have never outrightly admitted to being that way before Jesus came into my heart, but I know in retrospect that I surely was. I thought life was all right, but I also had a yearning that there was something more to life than what I was living. I just could not put a name to it. That is, until the day that I gave my heart to Jesus. Then he came into my life, into my heart, and my soul just rose up! He filled me with his Holy Spirit and the newness and freshness of life entered me. Jesus is the source of that living water and when we accept him, he flows out of us into the world around us. When our spirit is transformed by his Spirit, the freshness of life washes through us and then out of us. People see the difference in us when Jesus’ Spirit of Living Water enters us. When we live a Spirit-filled life the rivers of Living Waters of Christ bring peace and love into a loveless and chaotic environment. Our relationships change, our tastes change, our thoughts change and our whole self is transformed to reflect the beauty of our Lord. We begin the process then of sanctification as we learn to walk with a river flowing from within. Belief opens the flood waters and let them flow into us and through us. Believe and know.

Pastor Julia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19