John 8:12

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life ~ John 8:12


The older I get it seems the more trouble I have in making decisions…or rather, the older I get the wiser I am in making decisions. I used to make quick decisions and then sometimes found that I regretted them. As I mature more and more I am slower to decide on important matters, but that is because I am waiting on the Lord to show me what decision to make. He is the wisdom I need in life. He knows my path and he knows my future, especially when I turn it over to him. As one walks along a dark pathway, holding a lantern, the path is gradually made clear. Stones and rocks are avoided to not cause harm. A cliff or an overhang do not cause my feet to misstep or my head to hit something. The light brings with it knowledge of the road ahead. So, when we trust in Jesus he gradually sheds his light on the subject ahead of us, and he guides our steps so that we do not make any missteps. It is a matter of trusting Christ to lead us where we should go. Therefore, he is also called our Good Shepherd. He will call to us and show us the way to good fields and away from the crags of harm. Slow down, then is my advice, and follow the leading that will come your way when you trust in Jesus to help you make your decisions, for he is the Light of the World.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19