1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4


In this form, love is a beautiful word. The word love can be twisted, its use can be manipulative, and we can speak so freely about what we love but that which really has no value or substance to it such as when we say we love ice cream or whatever. But when we love with patience and kindness we love as Jesus loves. It is beautiful then. Patience in love means I will sit with you, I will hear you, and I will not make snap decisions without stopping to hear you. Envy, boasting, and pride set me either above you or below you, but not equal to you. Love says we are on equal standing. Love says you matter, and I matter. Today is Valentine’s Day. How will we live with true love today?

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19