Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart ~ Hebrews 4:12


When I read the Word of God new messages come to me every day. Even when I re-read a scripture, God speaks to me in different images, in different thoughts, and the Word seems to change to match what I may need to hear. Of course, God’s word never changes, it is the receiving of it as God speaks to me. You can read the same scripture as me, but God will give you a different message, because it is alive. We do not serve a god with a carved mouth, we serve a God who speaks to his people, who loves us and cares for us. We serve a God that is alive and wants to lead and guide us as he calls us into ministry for him in this world. God’s word gives us encouragement as well as disciplines us. God’s word convicts us as well as shows us how to live as a better person in this world which needs love! Our hearts need to be thoroughly open and seen by a God that will check our attitudes and thoughts. May your word speak into my heart, Lord God, and guide me today in the path you have chosen for me.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19