Jeremiah 29:11

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” ~ Jeremiah 29:11


I remember a time when I was in seminary and began to wonder if I had heard the Lord correctly (by the way, this was not the only time I wondered that, but it came to mind as I read this verse today.) It was challenging to return to learning from an educational setting, for it had been thirty years since formal education had been a part of my life. It was hard work! At this time though, I had become sick and needed to stay in bed for about a week, and the questions swirled in my mind – what was I doing?? I could not quite grasp what was necessary to succeed in college with writing papers and exams etc. I was feeling defeated! A friend I had met there sent me a card, and on the front was an image of a path bending around a corner, making the end of the road invisible. I don’t remember the words of the card, but it pointed out that though we could not see around a corner, God could, and if we trusted him we could keep going. That was nineteen years ago. I made it through seminary, I made through challenging times after that, and I am still making it through them as they come. But do not give me the credit, for it belongs only to the faith God has given me to follow him. I know that what I cannot see, he sees clearly, and that I can trust in him for my good. Because I follow him, love him, obey him, he leads me in the “right paths” as King David said in Psalm 23. If you are where I have been with wondering what is around your corners, remember, God already sees the end of the road and all you must do is trust him and keep going. He has good planned for you!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19