Proverbs 3:5, 6

Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight ~ Proverbs 3:5, 6


Trusting in the Lord is sometimes so hard for us. We think we can take charge, we can control it, we can manage without anyone’s help, thank you very much. I am strong, I am a woman, or I am a man, and I know exactly what I need to do to fix it! Do you ever think that way? I used to. I used to think I could do it all, that is, until I met the Lord and realized how much I could not do without him. Then, trust in myself withered away and trust in him grew. There is so much wisdom God has for us which is beyond what I can imagine, so when I would lean on my own understanding, I would miss the point, or the process, and I would be way off base. With the Lord’s understanding my eyes were opened to truth about situations when I placed my trust in him. It means that I have to fully submit to him, which is what our verse says. I have to place myself at the foot of the cross and give my all to him. A decision is not made without seeking his guidance, and move is not made without his “yes.” Then I know the plans which have been made are not mine alone but have been put in place by following the leading of the Lord. He will not lead me into wrong paths. He will not guide me down a crooked road and leave me hanging at a cliff. His plans for me will be right and true because first and foremost they are his plans. The wisdom of the Lord is what I seek. He has the answers I need!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19