Psalm 91:2

I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and fortress, my God, in whom I trust” ~ Psalm 91:2


There is only one place where I can run to in complete knowledge of safety – that is to run to my God. We are living in what seem to be more precarious times in 2022. The past two years as a world we have dealt with Covid-19, and now we look at a world which has a possibility of more violence than what we have encountered since WWII with Russia and its invasion of Ukraine. The world is turning more upside down than it has for many years. Am I afraid? I cannot say that I am for myself, yet I know as I look at my children and grandchildren I wonder what this world will bring for them. Jesus has promised us he will return, and we know not when, but we do know there will be much unrest in our world as his return draws closer. Are we in those times? We do not know. Only the Father knows, for not even the Son, Jesus Christ, knows. Whatever happens whether it be today, or in a year from now, all is in the Lord’s hands, and that includes my offspring. I know those who love him are protected, for his word promises this is so. When we need protection, now, or in our future, there is our Father in heaven waiting to help those who love Him, whether that be in life or in death. He is our God, our refuge, our protection, our safe haven in a stormy world.

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19