Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple ~ Psalm 27:4 


Like the psalmist, those of us who love the Lord can think or imagine nothing better and have no greater desire than to dwell in the house of the Lord and seek him in his temple. I think of it not only in this life but in the life hereafter. I love going to church and being with God’s people worshipping him. We come together and our praises fill the sanctuary. Even when we come in and would sit alone, just God and me, the time spent is beautiful, peaceful, refreshing. We are strengthened when we come into his holy presence, no matter where that might be. As I love being in church, so I love my mornings when I spend it in scripture, and in reading prayers, and adding prayers from my heart as I lift them up before my God. Time spent with the Lord is never wasted time, for his presence is beautiful. It is a good way to begin a day, seeking him who loves us beyond comprehension, who protects and guides us all of our days, when we come into the presence of the One who died for us and rose again in the beauty of Resurrection!

Pastor Julia

image by pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proverbs 18:2

Romans 8:26

Isaiah 43:19